Monday, November 16, 2009

4 Month Report

I have had the vehicle for a little over 4 months, and about 3,000 miles. I am averaging a little over 21 mpg around town, but next week I will take the first substantial trip, about 780 miles each way.

I like the way it handles, but there is a definite downside to the electronics. There is a long delay from the time I start the engine in the garage until I can get the back up camera and the parking sensors to come on. The result is that I back out of the garage without the aid of the back up camera. Just as aggravating is the fact that the parking sensors don't stay on, so when pulling into a parking space I have to push a button on the dash and then wait for the sensors to come on.

The navigation screen is smaller than it should be, since the display is always split between the navigation screen (or other iDrive screen) on the left, and a smaller display on the right.

1 comment:

  1. Marvin,

    Thanks for your blog. I just order a 2010 X5D I was a little concerned since I have never had a diesel before. But everyone seems to really like the engine.


    Thanks

    Scott

    ReplyDelete